Saturday, August 1, 2009

What was that again?

My entire family is indecisive. The end. All my friends know just how indecisive I am. I've written a column about it. I've written a blog about it. This is my SECOND blog about it. This plagues me and my family everyday. Someone, please help!

Latest instance . . .
Day: Friday
Topic: Mini family vacation
Issue: To go or not to go.

Who would think a mini vacation would be so hard to discuss! It was Friday night after all (yes, make that 10 p.m.) and we only have until Sunday morning for this little vacay. My response from the very start was this: "I don't care, just make a choice and tell me to get in the car." Now, I had to argue this point in my column too, but this "I don't care" statement is not said in any attitudinal way, but clearly I-DO-NOT-CARE!

So sitting on the couch with this little family discussion. Where should we go? Do we get one bedroom at the hotel or do we get one bedroom studio at the hotel (is there that much of a difference)? Do we go to Portland, Seattle or Bellevue? Do we want to just chill in the hotel or go do something in the city? By this point, I was on Facebook chatting with friends.

Verdict made! Finally. Except now it is 11:30 p.m. I run upstairs to pack up, and because I didn't know what I wanted to wear for the next two days, I pack a week's worth of clothes. Great. Anyway, done packing and went to the car. Sat there for a good bit. I guess my family is a bit slow at packing, too.

We decided on a hotel in Bellevue (midway from my house to Seattle). Very nice hotel and very nice that our stay is free. Nice room, one bed, one pull-out, a kitchen, flatscreen, views, etc.

Next problem: battle of the snorers. This room is nice but kinda small (studio, remember?) so the parents' bed is directly across from the pull-out, only baracaded by the TV. Both parents and the little sister snore. I finally fell asleep after spending the night planning my road trip for later this month. Thankfully I was tired enough to stay somewhat asleep throughout the snoring.

Anyway, so this mini vacation with half the family has been fun so far. Well, I guess except for the fire alarms going off in the entire hotel this morning due to someone's ignorance of learning how to properly toast bread. Yep, burnt toast sent the entire hotel in an evacuation mode. Fun times!

No comments: