to a Mac! This change, however, didn't come without its problems--or complications. I have to agree with a friend who wrote this column about her new Mac experience a few months ago, that switching from a PC to a Mac is different, but I don't regret it.
Although my switch was a bit complicated. You see, there was this sale and I'm Asian, and I love sales. So I waited patiently for this student promotion (buy a Mac get an iPod) to begin. The day after I buy my new Mac, I read in the Seattle Times of a newer Mac that had been released that day. Yep, the this always happens. Right after I fork over (or more like swipe the plastic in this case) the money and hope I won't regret my big purchase, something bigger and better comes out. I know the marketing strategy behind that, but seriously, the DAY after? Come on!
Well it's no big deal that there's a new Mac, right? Not exactly. This newer one is faster. And has an illuminated keyboard. And has a battery with the potential 7-hour charge. And is not only a Macbook but a Macbook Pro. And lastly, but most importantly, it was CHEAPER. What? How could this be? I could save more money? What was I going to do now?
I look at my receipt and find that I can return my opened Mac, but I would be charged $120 because it was already opened. Hmm . . . was it worth the trouble? We would soon find out. Skeptical of my ability to return and re-buy, I went to the Apple Store and talked to their "specialist." Sure enough, I could return my open Mac and purchase the newer Mac. Believe it or not, even with the 10% restocking fee, I would still get money back--for a better computer!
So, now I'm the owner of a newer Macbook Pro. And I saved money. That's what I call a deal!
2 comments:
Oh wow, that's so awesome! So, what are you doing with all that space on your desk now that you don't need two monitors? ;)
Very nice, Asian! I'm happy for ya! I didn't have enough patience to wait for the sales, but I'm good with my white MacBook :)
Thanks for the plug on my column, by the way ;) Didn't expect to see that lol.
Post a Comment