I meant to post last night, but I was too tired. So here is two days' worth of posts . . .
YESTERDAY:
I was on the bus from Downtown to the ID and of course there were a few bums on there. This one bum in particular was very noticeable from the time I stepped on the bus. He had gross, dirty, long hair. And his eyes were glazed over like he was high and/or drunk. He was sitting next to a fellow bum and they were talking quite loudly to each other. Oh wait, I think they wanted the entire bus to hear them. Anyway, so I'm sitting there on my way to lunch and I hear, "So how is Jane?" (Name has been changed, not to protect anyone's innocence, but because I forget what it actually was.) "Oh she's fine," the gross, dirty, long-haired man replied (we'll call him 'Scruffy'). "Yeah? Have you seen her?" asked the Santa-lookalike. "Well, I'm supposed to go see her today. Yeah, I was going to have lunch, but then she said dinner," Scruffy said. "Oh, she is good-looking," Santa said. "Oh yeah, oh yeah, she is really beautiful for her age," Scruffy said.
So that part of the bus ride was entertaining. But it gets better . . .
I was sitting sideways (some seats are front-facing and others are sideways) and there was this Chinese lady sitting across from me. She looked just like that girl in Spiderman who plays her instrument singing, "Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can . . . ." Well she was just odd. I don't know why I thought that when I first saw her, but I did. Anyway, then I see her digging for gold. Yes, in her nose. Gross, right? Yeah, well she found some gold but it got stuck in her fingernail. Guess what she did next? Yep. She flicked it off of her nail--into the air. I jumped out of my seat and almost let out a yelp, but I refrained. I just didn't want her mucus on me! Thankfully, I saw it land in the aisle. But dang, way to be gross! Then she held the railing in the bus. I will never hold a rail on the bus again!
One more story . . .
On the way home, I was blessed to sit in front of two ladies who were talking about fried food the entire ride from Seattle to Kenmore. I like food, but I just found it funny that they were talking about food like they've never eaten before. One lady was talking about going to some mini fair over the weekend and eating this huge barbecue sandwich. Then about how she saw a stand for fried Twinkies and how she "had to try one." She was talking about how they dipped the Twinkie in batter and then rolled it in cinnamon sugar. Then she made me laugh even harder when she said it was so good she got another one. And then the other lady started talking about how she tried fried pickles at another fair. Then the first lady started talking again about fried Twinkies. Like what the heck?! She said she can't wait for our big state fair to come in the fall so she can get an elephant ear and a Twinkie. Wow. Entertaining bus ride to say the least!
TODAY:
I got off of work a bit early today and since it finally decided to be somewhat nice this afternoon, I walked to a different bus stop. Well, as I was waiting at the stop, a different bus stopped and let down the handicap ramp. No big deal, right? But as the ramp came down, I saw an "it" standing there. For those who don't know, and "it" is a nicer (at least I think it's nicer) way to say a gender-confused person. Normally you can tell if and "it" was a "he that went she" or a "she that went he," but I couldn't tell with this person. Want to know why? First, "it" was wearing a mid-length skirt. Then I saw hairy legs. As I continued to glance upward, I saw that "it" was not only wearing glasses, but also lab goggles. Over the glasses. I am not kidding. "It" was wearing plastic lab goggles like those that chemists wear. I am still wondering if "it" was a he or her. But oh well, I guess I won't know.
Well, my bus came and I was sitting in front of some girl who was talking really loudly on her phone. She was super excited for some reason about getting car insurance and her driver's license. I mean, good for her. Haha.
Anyway, life never ceases to be interesting. Friday is my last day (for now) on the bus, so this series might end until further notice, but we will see . . . .
Later.
1 comment:
oh wow. so many stories! lol i must say i tried fried snickers and they are AMAZING. :)
Post a Comment