Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Randomness for June

More random things about me . . . .

  1. I have never had a manicure. Never. I have, however, had pedicures and I love them.
  2. Speaking of hands, my thumbs are so short that I cannot sign "M" or "N" in ASL. I'm not kidding, have me show you sometime; it's impossible.
  3. My new favorite show is Glee. Right now, I'm pretty behind on it (since I just started watching it), but I like it a lot. One of the best lines in Season 1: "They can't fire me; I'm a minority." --Ken
  4. I never thought I'd own an Apple product, but now that I have a MacBook Pro, I will never go back to a PC. Ever.
  5. In the last six months, I've gone from being an extreme night owl to being a morning person. I used to stay up until at least 2:30 a.m. every day, but now I cannot stay up past 11 p.m. (even 10:30 p.m. is pushing it).
  6. I seriously get the chills when I see the following: the bottoms of artichoke hearts (after you pull the "hairs" off) and backs of fern fronds (where the seeds are).
  7. My dream job would be to do PR and/or marketing for a non-profit organization that works with kids in some capacity. (Like Childhaven, Children's Hospital, March of Dimes, etc.)
  8. Someday I will travel to Japan, China, Korea, Greece, Ireland and Africa.
  9. I like it when guys wear pink. I don't like it when they wear light pink, but I do like it when they wear bright and dark shades.
  10. When I was little, my siblings and I called our different sets of grandparents "different" and "regular" since we got them confused. The "different" ones were my mom's dad and his wife, and the "regular" ones were my mom's mom and her husband. Now we call them "house" and "condo" (respectively) since they, well, live in a house and a condo. (It's not like English when you name them distinctive names like nana, grandma, memaw, etc. In Chinese, if it's your mom's mom you call her one name and if it's your dad's mom you call her another name.)

No comments: