I was reading in Proverbs 26 last night. This particular proverb made me think: "Why do people choose this way of living?" When I say "this way," I mean the way of a sluggard or lazy person.
I mean, I know there are times when I purpose to be lazy. I don't know why I choose to be lazy one day and not the next. I try my best (at least when I'm not on a break from school) to avoid this lifestyle.
But then, how do people live that like on a regular basis? Are they conscience of their choices, or are they, like me, just doing it because they don't realize they make that choice?
The verse that says "As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns on his bed," has always been intriguing to me. If you think of a door hinge, it swings and cannot come apart from the door. So then, I try to picture a person on a bed, just tossing and turning with no hope of getting up. Now that is sad.
I would never want to be that person! How incredibly wrong would it be if we wasted our life, that God so graciously gave us, just sitting in bed?
Reading that just made me think a puzzled thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment