Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow and More Snow











I think you can guess what this post is about. This "arctic winter storm" that we're experiencing here in Seattle has been pretty impressive. We usually get snow every winter, but this year it is coming in mammoth amounts. When I got home yesterday, we had about 6 inches. None of the roads, including the freeways, were cleared. Kristine and I went out at 2 a.m. and tried to sled down the hill, but the snow was too fluffy. Today, we went out again and the snow was great for sledding. It's really nice, cause it's so cold outside that the snow doesn't have that bone-chilling-wet feeling. Anyway, so when we were out there earlier today, we must have had about 12" of the fluffy white stuff. It hasn't stopped snowing at all today. I just looked outside, and it is still falling. I love the snow, but I really need to get out to go Christmas shopping! I mean, I could go shopping with all this snow around, but it's the other drivers that scare me. Oh well, we'll see what happens. 

No comments: