Came true for me this morning at church.
Every Sunday before I leave for church, I double-check to make sure that if I'm on the music schedule for the day that I have all my necessary music. Somehow, I forgot to do that today and it was nearly disaster.
I was talking to a friend before the service and she was mentioning having me accompany her next week. She didn't have the music, but said she'd get it to me before next week. Right when she said "music," I realized something really bad: I forgot my music for TODAY at home!
By this time, I had 5 minutes to get over to the piano to begin prelude. Not enough time to go home! The violinist for whom I was accompanying didn't have an extra copy of piano music so I was a bit stuck. I sent my little sister home to get the music, telling her to "drive quick!" I thought to myself, "there is NO way she is going to get home and back in 15 minutes." That's when the panic began.
I ran over to the violinist and told her my troubles. Then I ran over to our pastor and told him my problem. I mangaged to have him move the order of service so the offertory could be later . . . just hoping Kristine would be back in time!
The service started. Still no Kristine. The announcements were made. Still no Kristine. The second, third, fourth songs were sung. Still no Kristine. The scripture was read. Still no Kristine. My brother gave a camp testimony. Still no Kristine. I'm looking at the order of service thinking, "there is NOTHING left to postpone!" But then our pastor had the special music perform. Still no Kristine . . . UNTIL the last verse of the special. I motion her to run over to me and give me the music. Right then, there was prayer and the offertory started.
Such a close call! I cannot tell of the panic that was rushing through my mind before I got the music. It all went well, but I'm definitely checking for my music before walking out the door next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment